Saturday 23 August 2008

lets get ready to rumble

well what i mean is... from sept 1st we are starting a monthly gorcery challenge. to try and keep or reduce our shopping budget.. this is going to be great for me, to try and keep me forcused, and to try and save some pennies..and to stop ALL un-necessary spending.. ..

I know i use a lot of money off coupons when i can, but to be honest every though this is great and have kept food on the table in very desperate times when money has been non-exisitant. i really do need to get back to reality and realise one day i am not going to be able to rely on them, as the supermarkets have put a stop to it all...

so from now on a stick to my budget....and if i do use money off coupons its not fro extra things etc...what i mean is if, when i work out my new weekly/monthly grocery budget.. thats what i shop to..i know i am confusing lol.... but i know waht i mean...( I THINK)

I am going to use old cookery books to try and get some ideas for cheap meals.. and one book i do love for using up left overs is a book called we'll eat again, its a book with some recipes from world war II,, and its great for using up left overs. I must admit i do wonder sometimes as we are so used to having abundance of food in the supermarkets, how would we cope if we were in the situation that our parents and grandparents were in during the war time, we are in such a throw away soicety and food is a huge part of this too.

1 comment:

Lace hearts said...

Oh, I hope I can keep up with the grocery challenge. It's a fantastic idea. Your total has leapt up since I've been away. Keep at it! xxx