Sunday 12 October 2008

Blowing off the Dust

this week my electric sewing machine decided to play up AGAIN!!!!
So i have dug out my old singer sewing machine, that was given to me when i was about 8 - 9 Years old... i spent many an hour in my bedroom with this old hand singer machine making clothes for my dolls.. well trying to ..lol..

Photobucket

i absolutely love the look of old machines... plus if you think about it they are sooooooo eco friendly.. you dont need electric to make them work they are practically bomb proof.. and there are so many of them still around you can pick them up very cheaply. plus they look lovely in the corner of the room as a decrative piece of furniture.

Photobucket

guess what i will be playing with tonight....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't they fab! I have one too!

Pop the serial number on the base/side of the machine into google and you should be able to date it. Mine was released for sale on June 21st 1923 (I think!)

angel said...

I need to get my OH Nans chine out, when she died they were going to bung it in the bin and i rescued it ........ so i should get it out and use it in her honour ........... now where is my duster............

heather said...

cool janie i put the serial no into google and nothing is coming up. which way did you word it ?
my serial no is EB401846

Angel..glad the machine wasnt binned, let us have alook at what you make with it

Elaine said...

Beautiful machine Heather. I thought I had one in the shed, but DH says it's not there any more:(

Love and blessings