Sunday 9 November 2008

what do you think from a pillow case to this

yesturday, after reading lace threads blog it got me 'itching' to make something so this is whatt i managed to amke out of an old pillow case. and a bit of crochet lace that came into work as rags...its the same crochet lace that i gave bloomin murtle a while back

what do you think as a first attempt?
Photobucket
ok i know..lol.. a pattern just for a stocking.
Photobucket
i also used an old cotton sheet for the lining on the inside, and used wadding too
here is a pic of the top
Photobucket
so i will prob finish it off by putting an organza ribbon bow on the top too, hubby said it was good but not very 'christmasy' lol.. well its kept me busy for an hour or too until my sewing machine packed up...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks lovely .... I would have ended up with wonky stripes!

Mary Poppins said...

It's beautiful, all it needs now is the name Mary and its all finished, :)

Well done you, I have some stripy pillowcases like yours, Mmmmm you have inspired me

Mary X

heather said...

ooo thanks.. i got the bug now for making stockings out of scrap material...

maryp. it would be with great pride that i would post you my first ever attempt of making a stocking. pm me your addy on the shabby chic forum and i will pop it in the post to you when i have put the finishing touches to it.

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Ooh I think it is gorgeous.

Elaine said...

It's gorgeous Heather, well done.

Love the lace too, but I thought it was only for looking at not using LOL

Love and blessings
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

heather said...

elaine....lol...use it.. i am sure you will make good use of it.

Lace hearts said...

Oh drat, it's gone to Mary. Lol. Heather, that's fab, and I'm so thrilled I inspired you to git going!
Love the Santa! Now, where did I see that before. Hohoho!
Hope all's well with you. x