Monday 16 June 2008

a new week and a new start

well its a new week, and its a new start for me, a start on trying to make a dream that i have had for many years come true.

ever since i was a young girl i have dreamed of owning my own farm/smallholding, and for the last 15 odd years i have gone through phases of looking at properties in the paper and in estate agents, and now the internet. and seeing the prices of smallholdings just increase in price before my very eyes...on times it has made me ill...knowing there is no way i could afford my dream home....i allways thought by the time i was 40 i would be living in my perfect house... but now at nearly 42 i am still no closer, infact i am now further away than i ever was, with the prices and our debt.

so with the encouragement from all my pals on the shabby chic forum, i am going to try and see if i can try raise/save some money and achieve my dream.

i will aim for 3 years, so then i will be 45, so over the next 3 years or so you will have to put up with me moaning and groaning about how unrealistic all this is, unless i win the lottery...lol..

on the right hand side of my blog page i am going to keep a total of how much is in my day dream fund......but being realistic, i dont want my family to live like porpers just incase or more likely that i dont raise enough money.... so all my scrimping and saving has got to be done without them noticing, well what i mean is without me telling them what i am doing... i will just tell them we have got bills to pay etc..

oooo flip i feel as though i am on a blog to nowhere here...as the cheapest house that i have seen in the last week or so is 200k ... i know house prices are falling at the moment, but i dont think that this particular house will fall down to about a fifty quid...lol.... as thats what i have got at the moment.....

right i better get my butt into gear and start thinking about a plan of action for all this.....

see you all tomorrow.....

2 comments:

Sandie said...

Love the idea of your "daydream" fund.

Incidentally, what a lovely blog title and header!!! :-)

Sandie

sharie said...

from little acorns mighty oaks grow.
Just go for it and in time I'm sure something will happen to make your dreams come true.