Monday 21 July 2008

ooooo we have the pitter patter sound of baby chicken feet

oo i am sooo 'egg'cited the donated chicken eggs we had from Rose-Sparky have HATCHED!!!!!!

this is the first time we have ( well mrs chook did it lol) ever hatched baby chicks.. in the passed we did buy some fertile eggs and tried to incubate them, but without success..

they are soooooo cute... there is a yellow one and a brown one....the brown one is a bit stronger than the yellow one... and it is 'egg'actly 21 days since we put the eggs under her....there is also 4 duck eggs under her too.. so we will have to wait another 10 days for them...

and i was having a bit of a poo day too.. so this has really put a smile on my face, and i want to see more baby chooks hatch out.. so this must be a sign... to show i am doing the right thing by trying to save for a small holding...

i think you lot better start thinking of more names..( hope the father doesnt want custardy)

Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

angel said...

Oh CTC, I love them Love them LOVE THEM........... Yohoo.
C.r.a.p, and Chow Mein, look good to me...... LOL.
Well done Mrs Chook.
I'm so excited for you, cant wait for more pic's. Mwah X x X x X

Country Bliss said...

Oh they're so sweet, can't wait to see updates.
Yvonne

Shsjndkdns said...

my name choices are: Custard for the yellow and Cocoa for the brown! probably rubbish names but i thought it was cute!! xx

Lace hearts said...

Oh, I wish I lived closer to you. How sweet are they! I think they should be called Lace and Lace 2! Don't you dare listen to Angel's suggestions. xxx

angel said...

Well my ideas was betererer than lastic lacies, what does she know!!!

I like custard & cocoa.
Or because your Blog is called Chicken feet, why not call them ....... Left and Right...lol.