Sunday 20 July 2008

WHAT NO NAME !!!!!!!!!

i am now feeling really a bit mean now...as i havent named my chook, and she is about 14 months old now..... shame on me...

but there was a reason. when i used to have quite a few chickens and ducks. i used to name them, and if they died or the dreaded fox had them, it would really upset me, especially when the fox had Mrs Fluffybum...so i stopped naming them, thinking i wouldnt become soooooo attached.But now that i only have one, and hopefully is is going to my a mam, i think its only right to name her..

soooooooooooooooo C O M P E T I T I O N.......T I M E..........

i need a good name for her, as hopefully she is sitting on the start of my live stock for my smallholding.. or if not my backyard farm...lol..

so i am setting a competition... to name the chook..

the best name that the kids pick out of the suggestions will win a prize..... dont know what that will be yet... but something wil be in the post to the winner...

here she is.... so get your thinking caps on... and get entering...( saves me thinking of another flipping name...lol....)

Photobucket

5 comments:

angel said...

Chicken and Chips.

Chicken Curry.

Chicken Stew.

Chicken Hotpot.

Chicken Rice and Peas.... Or [Crap for short] LOL.
..............Thinking ...........
No i really like Chicken rice or Peas it has a sorta ring to it............... LOL LOL lOL...

heather said...

lol... angel you are soooo funny.. i must admit i do like crap.

years ago when i lived at home we had a pet pot belly pig, can we called her Rasher.. but pronounced rashair.... people that we were cruel, but they did laugh.....

Tinyholder said...

I like 'Atilla the hen".

sharie said...

One of ours was called Egna and another Henrietta. Then we had Doris, Myrtle and Clare....
They all came when we shouted "Chickens!" so I guess they thought that was their name.

nomoney said...

Oh they are so cute, i think 'Speckle' would be a nice name for her! x